IEEE Conference on e-Learning, e-Managment and e-Services
21 – 22 November 2018, Langkawi, Malaysia
Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi, Malaysia
Lot 1698, Pantai Tengah, Mukim Kedawang, Daerah Langkawi, 07000 Kedah Darulaman, Malaysia
Phone: +60 4 952 9999
Fax: +60 4 955 1504/2211
Keynote 1 for IC3e 2018
Title: Agent-Based Modelling, Machine Learning and Optimisation Methods for Big Data Analytics
Speaker: Dr. Raymond Chiong
Dr Raymond Chiong is a tenured academic staff member with the School of Computing and Electrical Engineering at the University of Newcastle, Australia. He is also a guest research professor with the Centre for Modern Information Management at Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China, and a visiting scholar with the Department of Automation, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China. His research interests include evolutionary game theory, optimisation, machine learning, and data analytics, with applications in areas such as trust and social behaviour modelling, production scheduling, financial market prediction, energy load forecasting, and marketing. He has published over 140 papers in these areas. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Systems and Information Technology (Emerald), an Editor of Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence (Elsevier), an Associate Editor of the IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine, and an Editorial Board Member of the Metaheuristics journal (Springer).
Keynote 2 for IC3e 2018
Title: Transforming Education for Industry 4.0
Speaker: Adam Brimo
In 2012, Adam Brimo joined David Collien and world-renowned Professor Richard Buckland to found OpenLearning, a student-centered online social learning platform with a vision to provide access to quality education globally. Since then, OpenLearning has become an Australian entrepreneurial success story with over 1.7 million students from over 180 nations taking short-courses, blended learning, and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC).
OpenLearning works with some of Australia’s top universities, government institutions, and teacher associations. In Malaysia, OpenLearning is the official platform provider for the world’s first nationally coordinated MOOC initiative known as MalaysiaMOOC.
Adam holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Software) and Bachelor of Arts (Politics) from the University of New South Wales, Australia. He was the 2011 Choice Magazine Consumer Activist of the Year and recipient of the 2011 UNSW Alumni Graduand Award.
Adam started his career at Macquarie Bank as a Software Engineer and Analyst in the Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities Group, and at Westpac Institutional Bank as a Senior Software Engineer. He led the successful Vodafail consumer activist campaign in 2010-2011, which resulted in nationwide media coverage, an ACMA inquiry and a $1bn network upgrade for Vodafone’s Australian business.
Adam is a respected figure in the Education Technology industry, and has been invited to speak at international events such as the Petrosains Ascend Series in Kuala Lumpur, Global Ventures Summit in Jakarta, and TEDxHaymarket in Sydney. He shares his thoughts on emerging online education trends, the usage of technology in providing quality education at scale, and graduate employability at the cusp of Industry 4.0.
Adam Brimo is listed in the 2017 Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia for Consumer Technology.
LEARNING • MANAGE • SERVICE
The IEEE Conference on e-Learning, e-Management and e-Services (IC3e 2018) will be held in Langkawi, Malaysia from 21 – 22 November 2018. The conference provides an excellent opportunity to share and exchange technologies and applications in the area of e-Learning, e-Management and e-Services for professionals, engineers, academics and industrial people worldwide. IC3e 2018 is sponsored by IEEE Computer Society Malaysia. IC3e entered it’s 6th year, the previous conferences were successfully organized in Kuala Lumpur (2012), Kuching (2013), Melbourne (2014), Malacca (2015), Langkawi Island (2016) and Kuching (2017)
Langkawi, officially known as Langkawi, the Jewel of Kedah (Malay: Langkawi Permata Kedah), is a district and an archipelago of 104 islands in the Andaman Sea, some 30 km off the mainland coast of northwestern Malaysia. The islands are a part of the state of Kedah, which is adjacent to the Thai border. On 15 July 2008, Sultan Abdul Halim of Kedah had consented to the change of name to Langkawi Permata Kedah in conjunction with his golden jubilee celebration. By far the largest of the islands is the eponymous Langkawi Island (Palau Langkawi), with a population of some 64,792; the only other inhabited island being nearby Tuba Island. Langkawi is also an administrative district with the town of Kuah as largest town. Langkawi is a duty-free island
IC3e 2018 accepts both regular (completed) research papers, research-in-progress, and case study papers. Submitted papers may not be accepted or under review elsewhere.
- All manuscripts must be in English.
- Papers submitted for review MUST NOT contain any author information (no authors, affiliation or address, and no explicit self-reference) due to the double-blind review process.
- All submitted papers should be in the form of a PDF file. The maximum length is 6 pages (A4 size, single space, Times Roman of font size 10, two columns format), including figures, tables and references. To facilitate this, papers must conform to IEEE format. Please download the format template here.
- All papers for inclusion in IEEE Xplore must adhere to IEEE Xplore PDF specification. IEEE PDF eXpress is a service allowing authors to make IEEE Xplore compatible PDFs. IEEE PDF eXpress access (Conference ID: 45007XP): Click here.
Please submit your paper at : http://edas.info/N23714
* Updated! Paper submission deadline has been extended to 15 September 2018 (Hard Deadline).
* The Call for Paper can be downloaded here.
* The Proceedings of IEEE conferences historically will be included in the IEEE Xploreand SCOPUS database. IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (i.e. removal from IEEE Xplore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.
* For papers accepted to be published in the IC3e 2018 Proceedings, six pages in the standard IEEE Conference Paper Format based on the LaTeX template or Microsoft Word template are allowed for each paper. The templates can be downloaded from here.
* All presented papers will be invited for an extended journal submission for IEEE Computer Society Malaysia journal. Selected papers will also be invited to submit an extended version to Inderscience International Journal of Digital Enterprise Technology (IJDET).
* All registered participants will also experience our cultural and nature visits (Island Hopping & Mangrove Tour) with No Additional Fees, as part of the conference program to encourage a leisure, inspirational and fruitful networking session, where knowledge meets nature.